6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
eel cafe: prologue [m]
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 10:14:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
crew working on the eelektross tank have to wear a special conductive suit before they step into their enclosure. volunteers such as them were no exception.

as soon as he suits up, opens the door to the viewing area and steps into the platform just above the tank, kyle continues his bickering with noah.

"yeah, weren't you the one that said you wanted to spend our weekend at the aquarium? we're here, right?"

helping out slateport's oceanic museum was his own way of getting back to noah, who had been too gullible to help passersby with anything they needed help with. it's admirable, and kinda hot, but kyle cannot admit the possessiveness he has over noah.

maybe it's the honeymoon period, he thinks, and that it lasts way too long for him.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2020 7:24:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 old habits are hard to break. his earlier work as a guide, translates well. with little encouragement, noah is wrapped up with helping others, his expressive gestures dramatic shapes against the blue of the tanks.

"sure, but i was thinking more like, the cheesy shit, man." noah returns to kyle. his voice a hum on some dreamy register. "looking at the tanks while holding hands, getting splashed in the front row during a walrein show, kiss in the sharpedo tunnel."

noah turns around, the last stretch of teeth on his suit needing to be zipped up.

"can you help me with this?" his fingers fiddle with the zipper's tab.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 18:45:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"should've specified, buddy."

his hand holds noah's shoulder for stability as the other takes the zipper and finishes up the suit. the hand grabs his hair soon afterwards, ruffles it, and then takes his other shoulder.

"yeah, yeah, we can hold hands later," kyle tells him dismissively. he drags him around and situates him in between the platform and the tank of eelektross before them. "we're dealing with this for now."

it was early in the morning on a weekday. the eelektross were still too groggy and inactive, and visitors weren't expected until a little bit later. besides their chattering, the place was relatively quiet.

if they were going to be doing the maintenance work of checking up the residents of the tank, it's better to do it now than later.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2020 8:25:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah's hair flutters underneath kyle's fingers. the locks are soft and thick. they curl across his head like dark scales.

"remember when you were like, super awkward about holding hands?" noah laughs. "then again, i guess we weren't really official then."

having been dragged, noah compensates by taking the initiative from this point onward. he opens the tank, the habitat parts shore and parts ocean. he peers back at kyle after spotting a sleepy eelektross curled up on an embankment.

"do you think eelektross are cute?" although the form fitting suits may seem cool, noah wonders if they can truly protect him from these electric eels.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 8:19:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"y-y-you've made it weird, okay," he mumbles defensively at noah's reminiscing.

he draws noah closer, burying his head on his hair. when he has to take a breathe of air, he moves his head up before resting his chin on top of his crown. hands squeeze the other's shoulder as kyle answers the question absently.

"i still think people who call themselves dumb nicknames like 'machampion' are cuter."

his head moves to noah's shoulders, leveling his eyesight to match with noah's. he peers down the pool and sees the number of eelektross underneath the surface of the water. "you wanna count with me up here or do you want to count them down there?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 9:14:37 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the past catches up to him as fast as it recedes. like the rippling of the eelektross pool, the memory of kyle's initial nonchalance fades away in favour of their skinship. even in the foreign fit of their zookeeper clothes, there's comfort in being together.

"stoooop," a blushing noah elbows kyle to move away. as he does so, his shoulder slides out from underneath the elite four's chin, "and it's not dumb. kids don't think it is, at least. kids are honest. you can trust them."

noah descends into the cold water. the eelektross snake through the water, mouths ever searching.

"i'll count down here." noah says defiantly, scooping some water in his hand. he sprays kyle with the cold brine. "hey, like, imagine getting latched on by one of these. that'd be one fucked up hickey."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 3:32:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle watches noah get on the water. he waits above the surface, grabbing a clipboard where they'd write down observations about the eelektross. hopefully, there wouldn't be much to write.

"baby..." he trails off, until noah ascends back up. "i don't think children shouldn't be your main audience if you're--"

he gets interrupted with a squirt of water. kyle winces at the coldness, flinching but not reacting to it besides tensing up from the stream and closing his eyes. part of the clipboard gets wet.

"i brought mine right now. wanna try it?"

kyle takes a pokeball out and releases his own eelektross. it has since then mellowed down after its capture, but the predatory gaze it casts on noah has not weaned itself off just yet. "come back up and we won't need to just imagine it anymore."

seeing one of their own, the very few eelektross that was not asleep eventually shift to turn toward's kyle. the minute movements then turn to a butterfly effect, waking every eelektross up, staring up to the surface from the bottom of the pool.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 8:27:57 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the endearment is accepted with a growing smile. baby, babe, what's the difference? noah's just happy to hear it. he doesn't dare criticize in case he never hears it again.

kyle's eelektross draws noah's gaze, and the gazes of the pool's denizens. what looks back almost frightens him- half because he wonders if kyle is being serious, and half because noah would rather not have an eelektross shaped bite.

"yours looks like it's gonna kill me." noah fans a hand at the two, dismissing them as the other eelektross grow restless in the water. "do you know how long it took for your dogs to warm up to me?"

his hand drops back to his side, but hits an eelektross on the head. it bites his arm, and electricity crackles around his protective suit.

"agh!"

noah bolts. he runs to kyle with wide eyes as the eelektross snicker in their waters.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 15:47:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"just smack them whenever they're acting up and then they'll like you. how hard is that?"

his mightyena have been helping getting his newly caught or obtained canine pokemon acclimate themselves to kyle so it wasn't very hard for the trainer to get his pokemon to like him outside the first six, but he wasn't going to tell that to noah.

eventually, he slips and makes war with the eelektross. kyle meets him halfway as he runs away from the electric-type, catching him with open arms and rubbing his head like he would to his mightyena once noah was within kyle's reach.

"noah, i can't keep making jokes about you being clumsy and you calling yourself a bodyguard. i've ran out of material."

kyle's own eelektross peers over the edge of the water, and with his action, so does kyle. he mentally starts to count each eelektross within the enclosure, and then checking on them, subsequently appearing to ignore noah.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 7:56:57 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "hey, i'm out of my element, man." noah stifles his grumbling by nestling his chin on kyle's shoulder. "but there isn't much to guard you against, i guess. i'm getting rusty." he hums and wraps his arms around the other as he always did.

he waits for a response. when none comes, noah shifts his gaze upward. he finds it cute. the way kyle's face shows focus. noah watches it like a stargazer, head sinking into the other as if it were in a hammock. noah doesn't disturb him.

but he does become impatient. "are you done yet? we have to feed them too. oh- we got fans for the noah-kyle exhibit."

still trapping kyle in his arms, noah looks toward the glass panes. onlookers see the gym leader's mischievous smile as he waves at them, one arm still draped around the other's waist.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 18:53:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"o-oh! shit!"

flustered, kyle pulls away from noah in a panic before he grooms the hair in front of his face to cover more of his expression. he taps the clipboard on noah's head once he's satisfied.

"i did my part! you do yours."

free from contact, he nudges noah to come back to the water as he sits by the edge, feet submerged. his eelektross waits above ground, watching his trainer stare at noah with the fondest of smiles-- his own version of puppy dog eyes most effective against noah faber.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 7:09:43 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the clipboard thwacks against his head. noah frown is revealed as it pulls away, his bangs scattered across his face.

"don't be embarrassed, man!"

then again, noah is more comfortable in front of the camera. kyle's social media presence leaves much to be desired still, despite the gym leader's prodding. as he wades into the water, he wishes he could take a picture here too.

noah doesn't notice kyle's eyes. as he treads, he knits his brows together. his hand travels over imaginary mountains as it bobs from side to side, counting eelektross heads. an eel sneaks around him, and begins cuddling against his palm as if it had invited it.

"hey buddy," noah rubs his hand across the eelektross' neck, "kyle, look! they're more cuddly than i thought." he turns to face his boyfriend, while others swarm around him. but he doesn't panic.

the number in his head fades as he's caught by kyle's smile. struck pink by its image, noah smiles back.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,789 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 1:55:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy & 1 free water-type move, redeemable in the site shop.
[break]